Become a Supporter
Join our multidisciplinary coalition and get involved
Get involved with the BeMedWise Program at NeedyMeds and our health and medicine education initiatives! Becoming a supporter is open to organizations committed to providing patients, consumers and caregivers with useful health information and education, including:
- Consumer organizations, patient advocacy groups, and voluntary health agencies;
- Organizations representing healthcare professionals and health educators;
- Schools of pharmacy, medicine, nursing and allied health professions;
- Local, state, and federal government agencies;
- Health-related trade associations;
- National and international for-profit companies including pharmaceutical manufacturers, patient information/database companies, managed care organizations, and communication/public relations firms.
Submit your Application now!
Upon joining the BeMedWise Program at NeedyMeds, each supporter organization is assigned to one of 4 organization categories. These categories permit different segments within BeMedWise’s coalition to discuss with similar organizations medicine communication and patient information, public policy issues, and provide input directly to the Board. Meetings are usually held via conference call. These organization categories also serve as a forum for program planning and marketing.
- Consumer organizations
- Business entities
- Healthcare professional societies
- Government agencies and non-govt. standard-setting organizations
Reap the benefits of being a supporter of BeMedWise
- Access to and visibility with a distinguished network of medication communication experts and health policy makers in the U.S. and abroad.
- Opportunity to work collaboratively across multiple organizations to drive common public health goals.
- Opportunity to collaborate with BeMedWise Federal Agency supporters—FDA, SAMHSA—on educational programs and demonstrate your organization’s proactivity in patient and healthcare provider education.
- Enhance your organization’s commitment to appropriate medicine use as part of our esteemed BeMedWise coalition.
- Gain visibility of your organization and its educational programs among BeMedWise supporters; gain hyperlinks to your organization’s website and education programs via the BeMedWise.org website.
- Expand and enhance your organization’s educational content with the ability to post and share resources, toolkits and educational modules developed by BeMedWise; Repurpose or customize BeMedWise-generated content for your own membership and stakeholders
- Cultivate recognition for your own health, compliance-promoting or safe medicine use campaign.
- Identify public policy trends related to medication safety and patient education.
- Receive BeMedWise partners-only bi-monthly e-newsletter—BeMedWise E-News—to stay abreast of safe medicine use and health education issues and initiatives.
Please contact BeMedWise if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming your organization to our coalition.
BeMedWise Program at NeedyMeds
50 Whittemore St.
PO Box 219
Gloucester, MA 01930