BeMedWise kicks-off the 34th Annual “Talk About Your Medicines” Month
The opioid epidemic is a public health emergency. Last year, Talk About Your Medicines Month was about Taking Action to Prevent Opioid Misuse and Abuse. As the epidemic persists, so must our efforts to combat it. So, this TAYMM, we are expanding the scope to include preventing opioid abuse across the ages – from toddlers to seniors.
Together, let’s take action to address the risks, responsibilities, safe use, storage, and disposal of opioids. Read on to learn about:
- The TAYMM webinar for expert resources.
- October 2019 – TAYMM Press Release.
- Responsible use including understanding treatment options and non-opioid alternatives for those with pain from an injury, medical condition, or surgery.
- Programs and tools developed with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for tweens, teens, college students
- Tips for keeping medicines Up & Away from toddlers and young children.
- Medication safe use tools for older adults and caregivers.
- Resources for community health events.
- A library of educational programs from:
—Allied Against Opioid Abuse (AAOA)
—FDA’s “Remove the Risk”
—CDC’s Protect Initiative
—Partnership for Safe Medicines
—The Acetaminophen Awareness Coalition’s “Know Your Dose”
—Safe-Kids Worldwide and more